Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Challenging Colors

Hi!

I hope you are having a great Wednesday.  I'm happy knowing the week is half over!

Today's card is for this weeks color challenge at StampTv, to use pink, brown, teal, and orange.  What a challenge this was for me!  I was ok with any combination of 3 of those colors, but adding the fourth one was hard.  I was lucky to find this Dp from Basic GRey that had the colors in it, and I just went from there.

I used the new Lean on Me set from GinaK, with the rock and roll technique on the flowers, and outlined the leaves with a marker after stamping.
I'm sending this card to a young teen named Riley from our church, who has just underwent 2 back surgeries in the past week to correct a severe scoliosis.  Her parents have reported a rough time following the 1st surgery with a lot of pain and some fluid in the lungs, and I'm not sure yet how the 2nd surgery went.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers also.

Thanks for visiting!


Recipe:
Stamps:  Lean on Me from GinaK
Ink:         Vivid aqua, SU creamy caramel, pumpkin,
                 regal rose, taken with teal marker
Paper:      PL pumpkin, white, chocolate, ocean mist,
                 Basic Grey Max and Whiskers
Other:      ribbon fron GKD, nesties,
                 swiss dots embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...